Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Zealand-Kia Ora!

The 3 of us just returned from a short trip to New Zealand. New Zealand is the most beautiful place. It's no wonder that's why they filmed LOTR there.

This is us on the South Island on a little hike to a light house. Seriously, the pictures don't do the country justice!

The whole purpose for us going to NZ was I got to speak at a conference called CLESOL. I gave a workshop on teaching vocabulary with games. My session was packed! People were sitting on the floor in the front and standing along the walls. They probably just wanted to hear my American accent.


We did a little site seeing including driving up the coast a little to explore these spherical rocks. This one has cracked opened and Dave climbed inside.

Baby J discovered the horn just a second before I snapped this picture. Notice which side of the car the steering wheel is.


I want to post more pictures but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make Picassa upload more than 4 pictures even when I've selected 15. (Can anyone help with that?)

Baby J handled the flight really well and even got his own little bed in bulk head seating. We ate so much Kiwi chocolate that we didn't hardly fit back into the airline seats on the return trip. It was nice to fly from Hawaii because it was only a 9 hour trip and not the 15 or whatever that it would be from the Mainland. Now we just need to go again because we need to see Queensland and the Fjords and Rotorua (NZ's "Yellowstone")
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Zoo Keeper said...

When did your baby get so big? That's crazy! We need to have a skype chat soon so I can see him! I finally have a functioning webcam and microphone. Facebook or email me and we can figure something out!

Do you have my blog address? I've actually been really good at updating it for the last three months. Let me know if not and I'll get it sent to you.

As far as the pictures go, I've given up on uploading them from blogger. I upload all my pictures to a picasa album and then I copy the html to embed them into my posts.

Cher said...

jealous. i've been to australia, but never new zealand. it's just so far away!!!! some day.
good job on packing the place!

Tina Beana said...

Oh, I'd love to go to NZ or Australia someday. :) Looks like your husband is sitting in a dinosaur egg to me. hehe And your little guy is sooo cute! Glad you had a great turnout for your vocab class! :)

andre'a said...

how fun! you look great, Wendy!

The Whitaker Family said...

You're so cool! And lucky! Live it up!!!!!