Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visitors from Afar


We had 2 friends come and stay with us last week and we had so much fun with them! Bonnie, a mission comp and Haley, a roommate from USU, discovered through Facebook that they both were planning a trip to HI. It worked out so they both came together. It was fun to be around people we know and love so well! Here's a few things we did while they were here:


Pali Lookout, windiest spot on Oahu. This picture is dedicated to Cindy, my sister, and Grandma W. Cindy and I took a picture just like this back in 2002 on our family vacation because Grandma W. has a picture exactly the same from like the late 70s.
Ali'i Luau at the PCC. Pile your plate at high as you can the first time cuz this ain't Golden Corral and you can't go back to the buffet as many times as you'd like!
Our alternative to the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor: A submarine monument. The Arizona stuff was closed on the day we decided to visit it because it rained a lot and got flooded or something.
Shopping at the SwapMeet at the Aloha Stadium. I bought 3 necklaces for $5 here and then later in the day I saw 1 necklace (exact same thing) for $8 at WalMart. Besides the fact that it rained the whole time we were here, it was a lot of fun. I especially liked the part when we downed a 1.5 lb loaf of Hula Bread in like 5 minutes!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melissa said...

This looks like so much fun! Especially the swap meet. I am a major lover of good deals on things I don't really need. The DI is one of my fav places to shop!

Katey said...

So fun! I'm jealous of Haley and really I'm even more jealous of you and that fact that you live there. One day I will go to Hawaii. It's on my list of things... ;)

Michelle said...

The game wasn't the Star Wars Lego game. There are about 30 different Jedis you could choose to be: bad or good. It was so much fun...I'm sure Dave would enjoy it. Especially, since it has to do with Star Wars.

The Oylers said...

Jealous. I hope I get to come and see you while you live there some time. BTW are you going to Utah at all this summer? Oh and ps...I love the video of Dave dancing that is awesome!

andre'a said...

HI Wendy! Can I get your e-mail address? We're going private with the blog and of course would like to invite you to read it. Could you send it to adklarson@gmail.com?

Thanks!