Monday, September 14, 2009

Memory-lane Monday: Mashed Potato Dragon

Three and a half years ago I was living at Continental Apartments in Logan, UT. A usual highlight of the week was Monday night's FHE activities. I have pulled from the archives some pictures of an especially memorable FHE activity: Mashed Potato Sculptures.

We met downstairs in a boys' apartment and it looks like each apartment brought a pot of instant mashed potatoes. Then we got to stick our hands all over in the potatoes and make something. Here's some people in the group (none of my roommates are featured.)

After everyone else was finished, I kept working. (Masterpieces take time.)

This is the creation I came up with. Isn't it awesome!?!
I may not be all that "crafty", but you've gotta admit that this is one stinkin' cool mashed potato dragon!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kim and Franklin said...

I had no clue you had such talent as an artist. You should open an exhibit. In all honesty though this post made me miss college and all the wacky things we used to do :)

RB Whitaker said...

Sculptures from mashed potatoes? That sounds very 'Close Encounter'-esque! By the way, that is a nice lookin' dragon!

Michelle said...

I agree! That is one stinkin' cool mashed potato dragon!

Haley said...

That teddy bear and the hand with the ball in it are mine, I'm pretty sure. Good times!

Cher said...

i already knew you were a great artist. remember the painting of the house i always wanted. and i think you're crafty too, so i'm not surprised by your awesome mashed potato sculpting skills.

Erin said...

wow! very fun. everyone elses was pretty plain, but not yours! love the colors! thanks for sharing.

Andrew,Heather and Hazel said...

I was thinking about that yesterday when I was thinking of FHE ideas. How funny!

Katey said...

Oh how I heart and miss the days of Continental and crazy college FHE's and college roommates and college singles wards and college in general and such! Thanks for the memory lane walk.

Erin said...

I saw the picture before I started reading and said - hey that looks like a continental apartment!!!!

Heidi said...

Ha! Fun activity!