Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back from Utah

The only 2 true things that Dave said in the last few posts were 1- His shoelace broke and he went to work with no shoelace (not because I wasn't there, but because he got behind schedule and ran out the door forgetting a few key items. And 2- He missed me a lot.

Don't believe his chicken lies!

Last week I went to Utah for a few days to be with my family because my mom was in the hospital, as many of you know. By the time I got there she was at home and has been making small improvement steps every day. She's gonna be fine! And it's a miracle! In additio
n to seeing my family, I got to do some shopping, go to the temple (Laie Temple is closed for 1.5 years!) and smell the lilacs in my parents' backyard. It made me look forward to being able to spend more time in Utah in a couple months. But it was good to be back home in Hawaii with Dave.

For now we're both super busy with work and school. Dave signed up for 15 credits before he knew that they were 6 week courses... so he gets up at like 5 am to study before work, then he studies after work and after dinner and all day. He's not very fun anymore. But at the same time, I'm teaching 8 credits of 6 week courses (=40 students and 2 preps) so
I can entertain myself with students' essays while Dave studies. I don't get any break between Spring and Summer terms either.

We're looking forward to the end of July!

Here's a cute picture of us in case you don't remember what we look l
ike.

3 comments:

Richard Larson Family said...

Aw that is a cute pic of you and Dave but who is that guy on the far right? LOL We miss you guys! Oh and thank goodness you are home because I think Dave was falling apart. :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are safely back in Hawaii...Dave was definitely losing it!!! I hope your mom makes a full and speedy recovery! And I hope to see you at the end of July for a wicked game of spoons!

kellichristinecase said...

we should've gotten together while you were here in utah! that would've rocked for me, but i bet you were pretty busy. you guys are cute, looks like dave was pretty lonely without you :)